Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why I wear a turban AKA The Turban Story

Sat Nam Everyone!
It's me again Remember when I said yesterday that today I'd tell you the story about how I started wearing a turban? Well here it is:
A couple of years ago I started studying & practicing Kundalini Yoga & Meditation. 2 of the first books that I've read on the subject are The 8 Human Talents & Bountiful, Beautiful, & Blissful by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa. On the covers I noticed that she was wearing a turban & I was impressed by it. Then I read in another book called The Kundalini Experience that wearing a turban could strengthen the bones in the skull. Well as someone who's prone to having seizures my brain needs all the help it could get. So I started doing some research on it. Then I started asking questions about it. My main one was about would it get too hot with one on? Because getting overheated could cause a seizure. So I went to a website called sikhnet.com & posted questions on this topic to a forum on the Sikh lifestyle. I learned that wearing a turban can actually keep your head cool because of the sweat that's released. Well that sold me on it so now I wear one just about all the time (except when I'm with my mom that would be a different story). As you can see on my picture to the right of the blog post that's one of my formal turbans. Now I'll put a picture of me with a more casual turban. I also wear bandannas as an alternative to a turban when needed. & the picture I uploaded yesterday was a "turbanized photo" from a site called turbanizer.com. So here's a picture of my casual turban. Well that's it for now. Tomorrow I'll tell you more about the challenges of my spiritual path. I briefly mentioned my mom. I'll fill you in more on it tomorrow. Until then Sat Nam,
Dana Morgan AKA Amrita Kaur

2 comments:

  1. WaheGuru ji ka Khalsa, WaheGuru ji ke Fateh.
    Dear Amrita, you looks beautiful like a true Princess of GOD. I wish you success in getting you answers and making you faith strong. Turban has lot of things attached to it, that I understand atleast... lot of HONOR, dedicated to SERVE in need, TRUST and completely surrendering yourself to WAHEGURU and lot more....

    tc bye,
    Taran Singh

    ReplyDelete
  2. n when are we getting the next chapter? :)

    ReplyDelete